New or revitalized blogs, authored by attorneys in various states, focus on subjects of elder law, personal & estate planning, incapacity issues, estate & trust law, long-term care & Medicaid planning, and related matters.
This expansion is reflected in the gradually lengthening list of active "Notable Legal Blogs" that I maintain in the right sidebar of this blog, published by knowledgeable legal authors in various jurisdictions.
Most blogs on that list have been active for more than a year. Their authors demonstrate passion, professional expertise, & persistence long-term.
Those stalwart "bloggers" have been joined by new blog authors, whose sites I recently added to my list:
- Nolo's Everyday Estate Planning Blog -- This blog began in September, 2007, and recently resumed regular updates with well-written postings on relevant estate planning topics, like reverse mortgages, pet trusts, reproductive technology, environmentally-friendly funeral arrangements, and more. It is connected with the well-known, commercial, "self-help" legal publisher (print, online, & software), Nolo Press, of California.
- Michigan Elder Law & Estate Planning -- In Michigan, Attorney Jerry Bartholomew upgraded his new blog into a redesigned "version 2.0". He began his original "blogroll" with two links -- one to David Goldman's Florida Estate Planning Blog, and one to this PA EE&F Law Blog. I am sure that he will add many more to his list. He provided an update in his email message to me recently: "I have nearly completed the transition to the new webpage. * * * Thanks again for your encouragement."
- GeriLaw, originating in Phoenix, Arizona, is edited by Robert B. Fleming, Esq., of Fleming & Curti, PLC -- a law firm that pioneered, years ago, periodic electronic emailing of elder law updates for a national audience. On the blog that evolved last year, various contributors post on topics of "elder law, estate planning, guardianship and conservatorship, long-term care planning, special needs trust and planning, [and] trust administration". Its "blogroll" includes this Blog.
- In Maryland, attorney William M. Gatesman has authored the Maryland Elder Law blog since October, 2007. His link to "Pennsylvania Elder Law" brings you to this Blog.
- Since January, 2007, Kenneth Vercammen, Esq., has written periodically on his New Jersey Elder Law blog.
- "USLaw Website Lists Law Blogs" (01/27/08)
- "FindLaw Offers Estate & Trust Law Resources" (08/15/07)
- "ABA Adds Law Blawgs List & Feeds" (08/03/07)
- "ACTEC Notes Blogs on T&E and Taxes" (07/23/07)