On Monday, November 10, 2008, the York County (PA) Register of Wills, Bradley C. Jacobs, will co-host the Third Annual "Breakfast with the Register" gathering, with a presentation by Neil E. Hendershot Esq., of Harrisburg, PA on the topic "The Aging Process and How the Attorney Can Deal with Financial Abuse of the Elderly."
The breakfast session will be co-hosted by the Estate Planning & Probate Section of the York County Bar Association. Members of any bar association are welcome to attend, as are the Judges of the Courts of York County, PA. The session is underwritten by M&T Investment Group.
The session will be held at the Yorktowne Hotel, in its Mirror Room, located at 48 East Market Street, York, PA.
My presentation, to be displayed through PowerPoint, will cover these aspects of the Aging Process and Financial Elder Abuse:
- Legal Status of Aging Individuals
- New Concepts & Concerns about the Aging Process
- Types & Extent of Financial Elder Abuse
- Federal versus State Involvement Countering Financial Elder Abuse
- Illustrative Cases of Financial Elder Abuse in Pennsylvania
- Education, Awareness, & Vigilance as Preventative Measures
- Protective Legal Arrangements for Seniors
- Civil Actions based upon Accountability of Fiduciaries
- Protective Services Investigations & Referrals
- Criminal Investigations & Prosecutions
- Litigation After an Elder's Death Over Lifetime Transfers & Testamentary Documents
- Possible New Measures to Address Financial Elder Abuse
- Supportive Organizations & Online Resources
There is no cost to attend, and only a charge of $5.00 to process the CLE credit.
If interested in attending, contact the York County Bar Association (Phone: (717) 854-8755; Fax: (717) 843-8766; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to make a reservation.
The session was attended by approximately 85 attorneys & judges, and the presentation was well-received.
Register of Wills Brad Jacobs took the photo posted above.