The materials for each Older & Wiser® seminar have been developed by Managing Attorney Joseph M. Olimpi and private attorney volunteers. Each Older & Wiser® seminar is presented by a pro bono attorney who provides an informative overview of a particular legal issue, followed by a question and answer period.
Current session topics include:
- Protection through Powers of Attorney and Living Wills
- Dealing Effectively with a Healthcare Facility
- Guarding Against Senior Fraud
- Understanding Retirement Benefits
- Learning about Last Wills and Living Trusts
- Avoiding Missteps in Medicaid
At each presentation, handouts and brochures are available to take home. Appropriate referral information is given if attendees are in need of direct legal services. For those attending who are income eligible, there are reduced fee and free of charge services available to meet your needs.
- Predatory Lending and the Elderly
The goal of the Older & Wiser® Program is to provide information that will assist older adults and their families in making wise decisions that protect them and the things they own. Everyone who is interested is welcome, regardless of age, and the seminars are offered free of charge.
The Older & Wiser® Program is a way to deliver important information on legal issues affecting older adults, their care givers and their families. It is a free program set up in a seminar style where local elected officials and volunteer attorneys give information on these matters of special importance.
Legal services and private attorney volunteers have prepared all the materials for each Older & Wiser® seminar (a Power Point presentation, handouts and brochures) for you. Each Older & Wiser® Power Point Presentation is presented by a pro bono attorney who provides an informative overview of a particular legal issue, followed by a question and answer period.
At each seminar, the audience receives handouts to take home. * * *
In particular, Representative Sheryl M. Delozier is hosting three presentations using the "Older & Wiser®” and we are looking for pro bono attorneys to present on:
- Thursday, September 12 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am – Protection through Powers of Attorney and Living WillsBethany Vlg East Comm. Rm (766-0279)325 Wesley DriveMechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Thursday, September 26 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am. – Understanding Retirement BenefitsEssex House (730-7302)20 North 12th StreetLemoyne, PA 17043
- Thursday, October 10 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am – Dealing Effectively with a Healthcare FacilitySimpson Public Library (766-0171)16 North Walnut StreetMechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Thursday, October 31 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am – Learning about Last Wills and Living TrustsThe Woods at Cedar Run (737-3373)824 Lisburn RoadCamp Hill, PA 17011