The Third Annual Pittsburgh Estate Planning Council Day for estate planning professionals will be held on Wednesday, October 24, 2007, from 1:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M., at The Duquesne Club, in Pittsburgh, PA.
The event is described on the EPC-Pittsburgh website:
EPC Day offers individuals involved in Estate Planning a unique opportunity to experience nationally recognized speakers, engage in continuing education study through breakout sessions, and engage in interdiciplanary networking with leading industry professionals.The keynote speaker will be Conrad Teitell, of Cummings & Lockwood, LLC, who is described by my friend, Attorney Bob Wolf, of Pittsburgh, as "nationally known and highly entertaining".
Attendees include a diverse array of professionals such as attorneys, CPAs, trust officers, financial planners, insurance professionals, and representatives from various charitable organizations.
EPC Day is an annual event committed to the expansion of estate planning knowledge and expertise, growing professional relationships, and, ultimately, enhancing the members by facilitating the highest educational and professional standards.
I agree, having heard prior presentations by him. One was held in Harrisburg last year. See: PA EE&F Law Blog, "Teitell to Talk in PA" (10/30/06).
This is the agenda for the sessions:
1:00 - 1:30 pm -- RegistrationThe brochure notes continuing education credit for various professionals, including:
1:30 - 2:30 pm -- Break Out Sessions
- Topic 1: "Exit Strategies for Business Owners & Entrepreneurs" – Panel Discussion, by Bob Williams of Williams Coulson and Tom Oehmler, of Huntington National Bank
- Topic 2: "Business Valuation for Charitable Contributions" -- Presentation by Alex Kindler, CPA, of Horovitz, Rudoy & Roteman
- Topic 3: "Planning for a Client with a Disability" -- Presentation by Kathy Hendrickson, of Achieva Family Trust
2:30 - 2:50 pm -- Refreshments
- Topic 4: "Captive Insurance Companies and Other Advanced Asset Protection and Estate Planning Techniques" -- Presentation by Wesley Yang, Esq., of Leech Tishman Fuscaldo & Lampl, LLC
2:50 pm -- Welcome from President David Blumberg
3:00 - 5:00 pm -- Feature Presentation by Conrad Teitell on "Latest Charitable Giving Tax Strategies -- Avoiding Bad Heir Days and Near-Death Tax Experiences"
5:00 pm -- Adjournment
- 3 CLE Credit Hours for Attorneys (approved)
- CFP Credit Hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 3 CPA Credit Hours for Accountants (approved)
- 2 CE Credit Hours for Insurance Advisors (pending)
For these details and a registration form, see the descriptive brochure posted online (PDF, 2 pages).